Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Lucia: 1 month

Lucia, you are one month old today. Over the past month you have changed so much. The first week and a half went by in a foggy haze of breastfeeding and sleeping. Then suddenly you weren’t so happy; I figured out that you were allergic to dairy because you developed a nasty rash and case of diarrhea. Luckily we figured it out quickly and I went off all dairy products. You were much better in a few days and back to your normal self.

You have your cranky moments, and you generally don’t sleep anywhere but on me at this point, but you are a sweet, snuggly little baby. I really love you. Really, really love you.

During the day you usually sleep on my chest in the red Moby wrap, like you are right now. Sometimes you fall asleep while you’re nursing and I can lay you down very carefully on the couch for a little while. At night you sleep right beside me in bed; you wake up every couple hours to nurse and then usually fall right back to sleep. I get a little freaked out about your sleeping habits because your brother was such a bad sleeper and I want to make sure I teach you how to sleep on your own. But you are so little right now, we can worry about that in a few months.

Nama came and stayed with us off and on for the first four weeks of your life. You like her; you like to fall asleep in her arms while she rocks and bounces you around the house. She has never-ending energy for her grandchildren.

You’ve started smiling and interacting more. I love when you first wake up in the morning and give me a goofy grin. You are only awake for an hour or so in the morning, and another hour in the evening, but we look forward to it. You are so fun to talk to and coo at. You like to lay under the toy gym we have and bat the stuffed red jay with your hands. You figured out really quickly that you could knock it with your hand and make it dance around above your head.

Love,
Mama




No comments: