You are two months old! You are becoming less of a lima bean and more of a baby. And we are coming out of our postpartum hibernation. This month we started taking walks with Nolan in the afternoon; he rode his bike and you slept in the red wrap. Most days were very cold, so I bundled us both inside one of Steve’s big coats, with only your little feet sticking out the bottom. You like the rhythm of the walks and sleep very deeply in spite of the cold wind and your loud brother.
Every day we pick Nolan up from school at noon, and every day you cry in your car seat. Ok, not every day but pretty close. You do not like being in the car seat. The only thing that soothes you is to sing “Itsy Bitsy Spider” over and over and over. Why this song, I have no idea. It just worked one day so I stuck with it. I entertain myself by singing in different accents. Mid-western Itsy Bitsy Spider is the best.
You’ve continued to sleep so well at night. I love sharing a bed with you. You wake up so quietly in the night and make little grunty noises when you want to nurse, you don’t even cry. After you nurse you quietly go back to sleep. It’s blissful. And in the morning you do the same until I say “good morning!” and then you break into a huge grin. You’re so sweet.
Lately you’ve started napping in our bed occasionally, rather than in your wrap. We lay down to nurse, and after some vigorous pats and shushes you fall asleep. This is amazing to me because I've never seen a baby fall asleep on a flat bed - who knew! After a while I quietly sneak out of the bed and leave you snuggled in a blanket. The first time you did this Daddy remarked that it was the longest I’d been away from you since you were born. Today we did this while Nolan was at school and you slept for several hours. I was giddy with freedom! I almost didn’t know what to do with myself – alone in the house, imagine!
The other big event this month is that you’ve just started to use your hands. Last night I watched you stare at your hands and try so hard to get them in your mouth. I could just see your little brain working away, creating synapses. We’re coming into such an exciting time with you. I can’t wait to see who you are.
Love you sweet pea.
Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment